Moulded FRP Gratings
COMPTECH Moulderd FRP Gratings
By VHM Solutions moulded grating systems meet the highest international standards for its high strength, corrosion/chemical attack resistance, life value and safety factors.
Manufactured from various, carefully selective resin matrices, these grating systems are designed to deliver many years of reliable service, outperforming traditional materials and inferior FRP products that have flooded the market.
FRP grating is a hand lay-up composite of resin and continuous glass fiber strand that is thoroughly wetted out and woven through an open mold. This method ensures good strength and high corrosion resistance. Our FRP Molded Grating is an excellent alternative to metal grating where rust, corrosion, or chemical attack are problems. With proper resin selection, it is an economical option in a wide range of corrosive environments.
- CHEMICAL RESISTANCE– High resin content provides resistance to a wide range of chemicals.
- ANTI-SLIP SURFACE -The coarse quartz grit ﬁnish where applied to the walking surface, provides excellent anti-slip performance.
- FIRE RESISTANCE-Flame retardants are added to the resins to improve the ﬁre resistance.
- RESISTANT TO ULTRA VIOLET RADIATION-UV inhibitors are incorporated into the resin to reduce the effects of ultraviolet radiation. However, some loss of colour will occur on long exposure.
- HIGH IMPACT RESISTANCE-FRP grating resists the effects of high impact loading which may superﬁcially damage the surface but does not allow penetration.
- HIGH STIFFNESS TO WEIGHT RATIO-High strength, with E-glass rovings moulded into a square grid grating pattern, provides a stiff and light ﬂooring panel suitable for foot trafﬁc over a wide range of spans. See span/load/deﬂection tables for each grating pattern.
- STIFFNESS IN BOTH DIRECTIONS-Due to the box pattern arrangement, FRP grating has load bar strength in both directions.
- LIGHTWEIGHT PANELS-The lightweight nature of FRP grating allows for ease of handling compared with other materials.
- NON ELECTRICALLY CONDUCTIVE-The non-metallic properties of FRP grating makes it ideal for electrically hazardous locations.
- TRANSPARENT TO RADIO FREQUENCY-FRP grating does not cause any interference and is transpar-ent to radio frequency transmissions.
- NON SPARKING-FRP grating with plain and concave upper surfaces will not cause sparking when impacted by metallic objects.
- COST PERFORMANCE-Compared to other materials, the use of FRP grating results in a long life product with low installation costs.
Types of Gratings
- Chemical Processing
- Food & Beverage
- Marine & Ports
- Oil & Gas
- Power Sector
- General Industr
- Metals & Mining
- Pulp & Paper
- Water & Waste Treatment
- Anti-Slip Gratings
- High Load Capacity Gratings
- Solid Top / Covered Gratings
Types of Gratings
- Platform & Walkways
- Assembly Lines
- Trench Covers
- Drain Cover